Did you see 2015’s O-Level Situational Writing question? That’s right, writing articles is now a part of the O-Level English syllabus. So understanding how to write news is a critical skill in your child’s mastery of the English language.
But it’s not just limited to exam applications. Understanding how to write news is vital when it comes to reading factual passages, especially those derived from news articles. It’s a skill that you carry with you for life!
So here’s what we cover in this workshop:
- news values and newsworthiness
- news writing formats
- hands-on investigative journalism activities where students conduct interviews, extract evidence from social media accounts, analyse press releases and even attend press conferences
Check out what students had to say about our 20 May workshop at Chung Cheng High School (Yishun) for Secondary 3 students!
- 82.1% learnt useful tips from this workshop
- 77.4% found the workshop interesting
- 78.4% agreed that the instructor, Mr Goh, explained concepts clearly
- 77.2% agreed that the instructor, Mr Goh, was knowledgeable and capable in the field of journalism
- Students enjoyed the investigative journalism activities, interview segments and learning about the duties of a journalist
We also customise the workshop to your specific needs.
For Chung Cheng High School (Yishun), we incorporated of what it means to be a true hero in alignment with their English Festival for this workshop, helping create a holistic experience for students that afternoon.